Space Clearing with Singing BowlsAugust 14, 2014
Energy… it’s everywhere. It’s in our homes, offices, workplaces…even in our cars. It’s in the places we tend to spend a lot of time in and as a result can sometimes become stuck or stagnant. You’ll witness stagnant energy manifest in a number of ways; frequent arguments, tiredness, accumulating clutter, and an overall feeling of negativity are just some of the signs that point to stuck energy accumulating in your environment. Singing bowls are used to shift, remove and cleanse stagnant energy to create a clear, calm, serene and peaceful surrounding. It’s literally a breath of fresh air that rings and sweeps through your entire space to harmonize and reconnect with the soul and energy of the Universe and the Divine.
10 Steps to Purifying Space with a Singing Bowl
- Make sure the space is physically clean and clear of clutter.
- Standing, begin with your bowl in your open palm & take three deep breaths.
- Take a moment to set your intention & connect with Source/the Divine/God.
- Chant “OM” three times & clear your mind.
- Place one or two pieces of small, dried, white clary sage or palo santo wood or incense into your bowl. Light and blow to smudge/smolder (NOTE: Be sure to have a small cloth handy to place underneath the bowl. This protects your hand from heat, making sure the bowl does not become too hot to handle).
- Now walk through the entire space in a clockwise pattern, slowly ringing the bowl with a striker & softly blowing the smoke with a cleansing breath while quietly saying a prayer of intention. Call in your Guides/Masters/Angelic Beings to assist & support you throughout this purification.
- Thank & be in peace with all entities. Those who are no longer needed are asked to leave by the power of the “I AM”. Say this out loud, repeatedly, as you clear the space.
- Make sure to sweep spaces in corners, under beds, in closets and in dark places throughout the space.
- After you have finished smudging, clean and fill your bowl with water. Bless the water with your intention. The water now becomes holy and healing with your intention set.
- Walk through the space again while ringing your bowl with a striker. As the water sprays from the bowl say out loud, “I bless this space with light, love and peace to heal in the arms of the Divine”.
A few things to note…it’s best to make sure to open a few windows before burning sage or you may have a couple more bells going off besides your singing bowl! Also, singing bowls are comprised of seven sacred metals, one being copper, which is an excellent conductor of heat.
Be mindful & take precautions that your bowl does not get too hot when you are smudging with sage.
After space clearing with a singing bowl, you will notice an overwhelming feeling of lightness, brightness and rejuvenation throughout the space you’ve just cleansed and also within your whole being. For there is no separation from what’s outside and what lies within.